Tuesday, March 11, 2014

March Simple Woman's Daybook

Click HERE for link

FOR TODAY 3/11/14

Outside my window...
Spring is trying ever so hard to arrive.

I am thinking...
Tomatoes, Potatoes, Beans, Squash, Lettuce, all fresh.

I am thankful...
I can roll up my sleeves and grow my own food.

In the kitchen...
Seed starting gear.

I am wearing...
Knee length overalls, tank top, & sweater.

I am creating...
A big mess in my kitchen.

I am going...
Outside in a bit, to smell the dirt.

I am wondering...
How wet this spring is going to be, and if we really will (as we always do) have a cold snap right before, on or right after Easter, which is April 20th this year.

I am reading...
 I just finished 

Letters of a Woman Homesteader

Author:
Elinore Pruitt Stewart
see my review HERE, it's free on Kindle (at time of post)

I am hoping...
That all this cold weather and more than 1 snow means I can grow my squash in peace and not have to say ugly things about squash bugs.

I am looking forward to...
Tomatoes, Potatoes, Beans, Squash, Lettuce, all fresh.

I am learning
That I don't know as much as I think I do.

Around the house...
Chores are actually almost done, well except for the mess in the kitchen.

I am pondering...
New ways to cook all those Tomatoes, Potatoes, Beans, Squash, Lettuce, all fresh.

A favorite quote for today...
We are all born ignorant, one must work hard to remain stupid.
Benjamin Franklin.

One of my favorite things...
My old worn out, one strap broken, cut off overalls and canvass sneakers, oops that's two.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Uh, Tomatoes, Potatoes, Beans, Squash, Lettuce, all fresh, 
see a theme here?

A peek into my day...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love to hear from you.