Friday, October 31, 2008

Redistribution of wealth

I first saw this on Amanda's blog, http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/SurvivingTheTestosterone/612495/.
It is cute, but also true. Stop by her spot and comment.

Redistribution of wealth

Today on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign the read "Vote Obama, I need the money." I laughed.

Once in the restaurant my server had on a "Obama 08" tie, again I laughed--just imagine the coincidence.

When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need--the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight.

I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I have decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy was very grateful.

At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was certainly grateful for the money he did not earn, and the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he worked for and rightly deserved.

I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept rather than in practical application.

5 comments:

  1. Oh girl! YOU MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD when I read this one! EXCELLENT!
    Gotta try that on someone! Bet you may just of changed that waiter's mind on who to vote for!

    Love it!
    Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I read that wrong...your friend must of given that waiter something to think upon! Thanks for passing the story along. Still funny and still awesome!

    Blessings.
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is absolutely halarious!!!!


    Yesterday I went to QT to pull some cash from my checking account and pay for my gas. I line in front of my there was a "mom" with 4 kids. Each kid had a candy bar, and a fountain drink. Some of the kids had more than one candy bar. So that was a lot of junk food. (But hey, they are not my kids and if she wants to deal with the sugar high and the crash afterwards.. who am I to tell her no?)
    But what caught my eye was that the mom was wearing designer jeans and talking on an I phone. Great I thought... she made something of her self and is enjoying her life.
    Then I see her pull out her card to swipe it to pay for all the sugar laden junk food, and the card was a Food Stamp Access card.
    I about hit the roof.
    Lets spread that wealth around some more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this story - I wish I could think on my feet like this. Phyllis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love to hear from you.