Friday, January 15, 2010

Freezer Foods Friday 1/15/09

Sweet Jeanette We have been sorta sick around here so I'm posting more of a just my 2 cents contribution and a link to a post I did about soups.

Tip for today, keep some home made chicken soup in the freezer. I usually save the tips of the wings from chickens or boil the back making two meals. Most of the time I make a casserole or soup and we eat it later that week. Some times though I make the soup up and keep it in the freezer for days when we are sick.

Chicken wing tips can be boiled when you have enough (15-20) and then removed, you then have a good broth. You can add seasonings, carrots and celery prior to boiling and then add what ever else you want when the tips are removed. Keep some of this in the freezer for when you are sick or are busy taking care of loved ones.

For the post on soups I did earlier go HERE. All of these are Freezer Friendly.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your 200. I am now following you. I have been blogging for over a year and I am just shy of 100. But I go through phases.. sometimes I want more followers just because, but most of the time I lean towards wanting people to follow me because they really want and enjoy my blog.. feels more intimate and real that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the follow. I look forward to getting to know you more.

    Happy sits saturday sharefest

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been collecting recipes that I can freeze lately. I want to be able to take food to my kids in college when I go visit. And Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello valerie!
    nice to meet you from 'friday follow'.
    so amazing that you homeschool- and i think you doing cakery decor will be fun...my little ones enjoy fun cakes on their bdays!
    see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love to hear from you.